Sunday, February 19, 2006

Strange, but true - L O O O N G Distance Call !


I was taking Will to see his Grandparents today. We were to meet at Welcome All Baptist Church at 5:30 pm - It's Sunday.

We were riding along talking and laughing --Listening to some music--- and the cell phone rings.

It is John, He had been in Kuwait for several hours. He tells me they'll be leaving at 2 PM to go to AL ASAD from Kuwait on a C-130 . That is 4 AM Monday Morning our time EST.

For some of you that don't know Metro-Atlanta and Cobb County--there is a landmark called
"The Big Chicken" - It's a KFC on the corner of Cobb Parkway and Roswell Road.

According to Rand McNally the distance is approximately 7,122 Miles and 8 Time Zones away.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jeannie said...

That's a memory for sure! I wish I had been with you so I could have talked to him too. I love you, Jeannie

6:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home